Friday, October 10, 2008

Sleepy Thoughts

I (Stephanie) have a pad of paper and a pen next to my bed, so in case I wake up in the middle of the night with a thought I can write it down and not have to dwell on it so I can go back to sleep. It's also useful if I think of things before I go to bed, I can jot it down really quick and not have to worry about it until morning. It really is a good tool which I use often.

This morning I was sitting on my bed just before I headed off for the day and I glanced down at that pad and see something written on the pad of paper that when I went to bed was blank. I saw this:
I don't know how well you can see this, so I will translate my sleepy handwriting.

Friday
1:50 Wake up
1:50 Chad wakes up
Stretch out a little bit

Now, I have little to no recollection of writing this. I do have a tendency to talk and walk in my sleep, but this is the first time I have ever written anything.

I'm guessing what happened is that I woke up at 1:50 and thought that it was important to write that down. The motion of turning over and writing this down woke Chad up, so I thought I'd write that down as well. Then, as I have had a bit of a sore back/shoulder the last little while, did a little stretch, jotted that down, and fell back asleep. Oh, I also wrote down Friday, so I could remember when this all had happened.

This has made me chuckle all day.

2 comments:

A Few Tacos Shy... said...

That is truly fantastic. Maybe you are a sleep novelist instead of a sleep walker. You should cultivate this talent.

Anna said...

Chuckle, indeed!! I'm glad you thought it important enough to blog about. You've made my day!!